1.5
Turnaround Time

Very disappointed in this builder.Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body.

I have known allergies and am very aware of my body and allergic reactions I've had in the past. The paint used in our interior of the home was latex, which I'm allergic to. We hired and Air Quality Specialist to come in to see what containaments that could be in the home. He discovered construction dust, and a strong ordor of Fermalahyde in the air.

He made suggestions and what possible causes the odor. We had Stanley Steamer come in, clean the air ducts. By this time I've already had two trips to Urgent Care because of the hives and rashes covering my body. We reached out to Highland Homes because we as homeowners have done all we could but zero success.

Highland Homes said that having a latex allergy and them using the latex paint, shouldn't have reactions that I had been having and being allergic to Fermalahyde shouldn't cause my throat to close up. But still it's happening. They suggested we go to Home Depot and buy non-latex paint and paint over their paint. As they had zero explanation or resolve about the flooring or carpet.

Very frustrating them taking no responsibility for using cheap materials that is clearly making me ill.Wish I never sold my Maronda Homes house.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of highland homes house construction. Highland Homes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned highland homes house construction in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Highland Homes.

Had an Experience with Highland Homes?

Comments